Mathematics and Economic Assistant Teacher
Connect University is currently seeking a full time Mathematics and Economics Assistant Teacher. The responsibilities of this position include assisting with Economics and Mathematics courses, as well as tutoring students in these subjects. The optimal candidate will also work as working as part of the program team.
- Able to assist on and tutor students in Mathematics and Economics courses
- Have good communication with faculty, sit on classes in order to make suggestions to the executive board and program team regarding potential improvements of textbooks, materials, and quality
- Create an effective learning experience for students through recreating and improving the academic side of the program
- Help students understand their academic requirements, explain academic policies/ procedures such as attendance, procedure to add/drop courses, withdrawal from the university, pass/non-pass, declaration of major, general education and university core requirements, credits and transfers, sharing information on visa and related issues, internship options, etc.
- Provide case management and listen to students who do not meet educational requirements, or who need help with academic and non-academic solutions
- Work with the program team to ensure effective curriculum delivery, grading, report, student evaluation, and attendance systems
- Brainstorm and initiate new academic and projects as a proactive team player
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the academic goals and supports those goals
- Build relationships with prospective students
- Ensure that the students are motivated, reach their educational potential and participate in various activities
- Work closely with the management team and Collaborate with other teams (academic, program and marketing teams) to coordinate actions
- Any other related responsibilities that arise
- Fluent in English
- (Preferred) US Graduate or candidate who has studied in a US system University
- Myanmar citizen (Minimum B.A and B.Sc holder) ( Economic and or Mathematics major)
- Studied Calculus up to level 3
- (Preferred) Experience in tutoring teaching courses in Mathematics and/or Economics Someone
who understands and/or have interest in American higher education system, its systems, and policies
- High emotional intelligence
- Highly motivated
- Positive, cooperative personality and ability to work in a team
- Ability to handle complexity
- Pleasant personality with great people skills
About Connect University
“Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think. ” — Albert Einstein
At Connect, we believe that ideas and people are the two most powerful elements of learning; connecting these can lead us to new worlds. A worthy education challenges the way we see things and enables us to better understand the world around us. Each and every one of us deserves a good education.
Connect University offers students an opportunity to earn certifiable course credits for a four-year U.S. undergraduate degree right here in Myanmar. The Freshman and Sophomore years of study take place in Yangon and are composed of a broad range of General Education courses required by and transferrable to U.S. universities. Students are equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the rigorous educational standards and student life of U.S. universities during the program.
Upon completion of the two years' courses at Connect, students choose their majors and finish their Junior and Senior years of study in the United States at one of our partner universities. Our courses are recognized and endorsed by our partner U.S. universities under the “International Studies Program” agreement, and the course credits comply with the U.S. educational standards. Please visit www.connect.edu.mm to learn more about Connect University and our academic programs.