The British University of Yangon invites applications for full time /Adjunct faculty positions for our Chemistry department, classes scheduled from October 2019. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our highest priority is to find a suitable candidate who demonstrates a depth of understanding in the field as well as committed to teaching in a highly interactive environment.
· Master’s degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university. Preferred Education Doctoral degree.
· Having 2-5 years of prior teaching experience in a prestigious university.
· In depth knowledge of chemistry and chemical concepts
Roles and Responsibilities
· Instructional skills, including the ability to explain difficult concepts and the ability to engage students in learning
· Patience when working with students of different abilities and backgrounds
· Communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with students in class
· Advise and mentor students. Evaluate and grade student’s class work assignments
· Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values
To ensure full consideration, include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, along with the copy of the qualifying transcripts and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +959 7970 10001.
About American University of Yangon
“Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think. ” — Albert Einstein
At American University of Yangon, we believe that ideas and people are the two most powerful elements of learning; connecting these can lead us to new worlds. A worthy education challenges the way we see things and enables us to better understand the world around us. Each and every one of us deserves a good education.
American University of Yangon offers students an opportunity to earn certifiable course credits for a four-year U.S. undergraduate degree right here in Myanmar. The Freshman and Sophomore years of study take place in Yangon and are composed of a broad range of General Education courses required by and transferrable to U.S. universities. Students are equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the rigorous educational standards and student life of U.S. universities during the program.
Upon completion of the two years' courses at American University of Yangon, students choose their majors and finish their Junior and Senior years of study in the United States at one of our partner universities. Our courses are recognized and endorsed by our partner U.S. universities under the “International Studies Program” agreement, and the course credits comply with the U.S. educational standards. Please visit www.au.edu.mm to learn more about American University of Yangon and our academic programs.